The Karl Rahner Society meets during the annual convention of the Catholic Theological Society of America. The Society organizes academic papers about Rahner and hosts a breakfast meeting to transact Society business. Members who simply want to renew their membership and resubscribe to Philosophy and Theology can do so at the website of the Philosophy Documentation Center.
- Login. At the PDC website, click “Login.” Confirm that the account is your own. When you log in, the PDCNet server may recognize your institution (if your institution has an account) and not your individual account. If this is the case, click on the “Your Account” tab. There you may find the message, “This is an institutional account . . . If you want to switch to an individual account (username /password access) please click here.” That will take you to a screen that requires a username and password.
- Subscriptions. If you subscribe to more than one PDC publication, choose “Karl Rahner Society – with Philosophy and Theology.”
- Renewal. Click “Renew” and follow the prompts.
Membership in the Karl Rahner Society is open to scholars upon application. There are three levels of membership:
- Active membership is open to all those who possess the doctoral degree in theological or related studies, and have been actively engaged in at least one of the Society’s purposes. In exceptional cases, active membership can be given to those whose scholarly achievements meet the standards customarily demanded for the doctorate.
- Associate membership is open to those pursuing doctoral studies in theology or related fields, and who manifest an interest in at least one of the purposes of the Society.
- Friends of the Society of Karl Rahner are those interested parties who do not belong to either of the above categories but have a vested interest in the scholarship of Rahner. Friends are non-voting members in the Society.
Since 1991 the Society has sponsored many of the “Rahner Papers” in a special issue of Philosophy and Theology: Marquette University Journal. For information about how to submit an essay for publication, please consult the KRS style sheet.